Have you ever wondered what a font might smell like? Whether it can make a product appear more expensive? Or what your choice of font says about your personality?
Join innovative type expert Sarah Hyndman as she invites you to join in with the research by taking part in a series of entertaining games and perception experiments with type. Profile the personalities of typefaces; judge whether a font can make a product more expensive and therefore more enjoyable, and explore whether it could even alter the taste of what you eat. Find out which typefaces you would date, ditch or be ‘just good friends’ with and how they reflect your own personality. Sarah is the founder of Type Tasting, author of ‘The Type Taster: How Fonts Influence You’.
You are invited into a ‘typographic wonderland’ of interactive games and experiments involving fonts which are designed to surprise and intrigue. These explore our role as type consumers and show how type is woven into the rituals of our everyday lives. Each font/typeface has a personality that influences our interpretation of the words we read by evoking our emotions and setting the scene. Come along and you can be a part of this innovative research and be the first to find out the results.
• Try on ‘font goggles’ to reveal what some fonts are really communicating to you.
• Try your hand at font sniffing: can you match the smells to the typefaces?
• Witness fonts altering the meanings of words right before your very eyes.
• Be amazed that a font could have the power to alter the taste of your food.
• See what personalities fonts have, and what they reveal about YOUR personality.
“You’ll never look at fonts in the same way again.” Hannah Stewart
“As bizarre as it sounds, my job is to match up the bottles and fonts using only my sense of smell.” Jake Wallis Simons, CNN