Would you like to learn an easy 3-step process for choosing a font?
And to have access to the latest Type Tasting research results?
What’s Your Type? workshops are created to demystify typography and are based on research results. They use Type Tasting games and experiments to teach about type and to share the message that typography is fun and accessible.
Bankside Design District
Wednesday 21st September, £15
Workshops last an hour; start times are 12pm, 2pm, 5pm, 7pm and 9pm.
Bedales Borough Market, 5 Bedale St, London SE1 9AL.
Please note, access to the workshop is via a spiral staircase.
(No experience is needed, booking is necessary as numbers are limited).
Roll up, roll up for a one-hour workshop that will take you on a roller coaster ride of experiments, games and demonstrations exploring the personalities of fonts. Use the Font Selfie machine to generate your own type personality analysis. Become part of the discovery process and take away your own ‘tasting notes’ that you can use in the future to help you choose fonts. We will prove that a font can transform the meaning of your words—it’s not just what you say it’s the way that you say it.
Type Tasting is involved in extensive research quantifying how we respond to different typefaces. This workshop is based on results, not opinions; you will learn how to use this knowledge to make confident font choices.
“Type Tasting surveys have given the graphic design community comprehensive information to use as hard evidence” Communication Arts magazine.
• LEARN an easy 3-step process for choosing a typeface.
• FIND OUT why different fonts are suitable for different occasions.
• CREATE a type profile analysis chart to refer to when choosing fonts.
• UNDERSTAND how a font can look cheap, expensive, calm, angry or even alter your experiences.
This workshop is ideal for:
• design students.
• the typographically curious.
• designers interested in a fun refresher session based on latest research results.