What’s Your Type?
Learn how to choose fonts with confidence in an intensive and fun one-hour workshop. Take part in experiments as you create your own set of tasting notes based on latest research results. Become part of the discovery process as we prove that a typeface can transform the meaning of your words—that it’s not just what you say it’s the way that you say it.
• LEARN a proven process for choosing a typeface.
• FIND OUT why different fonts are suitable for different occasions.
• UNDERSTAND how a font can look cheap, expensive, calm, angry or even alter your experiences.
• CREATE your own ‘tasting notes’ to refer to when choosing fonts.
• TAKE HOME tasting notes, certificate, spot prizes and a type sampler.
Wednesday 21st September.
12pm (sold out), 2pm (sold out), 5pm (sold out), 7pm (sold out), 9pm.
Bedales, Bankside Design District, London Design Festival 2016.
Workshops are led by Why Fonts Matter author and Type Tasting founder Sarah Hyndman who is involved in extensive research quantifying how we respond to different typefaces.
“Type Tasting surveys have given the graphic design community comprehensive information to use as hard evidence” Communication Arts magazine.
This workshop is ideal for students, designers who would like a refresher based on research, startups branding their business, and the typographically curious.
“Clever, insightful and original, left a lasting buzz and excitement behind!” Charlotte Godfrey, BBC Bristol
“Sarah’s talk was a game-changer” Lily C, at TYPO San Francisco